With fashion becoming accessible to all walks of life comes various dress codes, that people would like to follow based on the occasion, field of work, status in life, group they belong to, places they go to and the list goes on. However, let’s be realistic fashion entails shopping and shopping requires money. That has already been reiterated to by Sophie Kinsella’s novel Confessions of a Shopaholic. Hence, from formal dress to casual dress down, black tie, white tie, beach formal and ordinary denim and shirt, why not be creative enough to “mix and match”.
Thousands of articles have been written about the said, but seriously with all these celebrities and influencers showing off their head to toe signature OOTD’s (outfit of the day) we can’t help but drool and run into at least our high street fashion sanctuary to name a few are H&M, Manggo and Zara which are also my personal favorite. And yet again, let’s face it, it is difficult to buy clothes and get rid of them right away, one might need clothing sponsor to do so or end up with huge amount of debt. As exciting at it sounds, mix and match fashion style could be the solution to our “I don’t want to repeat my clothes dilemma”
Here are the basic steps to make your instagram post earn hearts.
1. Bring out all your formal and rarely worn clothes.
2. Hang it together with your ordinary and constant comfy clothes.
3. Know the matching colors. According to The Trend Spotter here are the Top 10 matching colours for 2019
– Green and Yellow
– Pale Blue and Pink
– Red and Blue
– Cobalt Blue and Turquoise
– Orange and Blue
– Tan and Maroon
– Orange and Black
– Pink and Gray
– Purple and Coral
– Purple and White
4. Know the print and pattern. In here, the rule of thumb is ensure that there is one dominant print and that clothing fabrics compliment each other. Some of these style from 21 Ways to Mix Patterns.
5. Lastly, DO Not be afraid to try something new. Being bold enough to go for outfits that you haven’t worn before will not kill you instead, it will boost your confidence and build your self image as to how can put yourself together in a different light. Clothing style will just come and go, what is trendy today may not be as modish tomorrow, the only thing that will remain is your own style -and that is you.