AUSTRALIA – Beauty -a term that has always been a subject of argument, comparison and to its extent dispute. Remember, Helen of Troy, ‘The face that launched a thousand ships”? In history, it says that she is the most beautiful woman in the world. Helen was married to a Spartan King but she left him to be with a Prince of Troy, resulting to the Trojan war where hundreds of men died to reclaim her and the legend goes on. Unfortunately or fortunately on those age Helen does not have IG, FB or Tweeter accounts about her are only based on narrative. Now and here in the 21st century we are surrounded by means to showcase our “beauty” in real time. Reason why we put so much effort as to how we look particularly our face. From, how’s my hair, is my eyebrow even, how about my nose line and cheekbone is it too obvious or does this lip color suit me? As we enter spring 2019 allow us to help you say ‘Hey, I might be one of the lost great great great grandchild of Helen’, laughs. Published by Harper Bazaar magazine
When you think spring makeup, you probably think of glowing and dewy skin, bronzed cheeks, and shades of pretty pastels. The spring 2019 runways had all those things—but it also had pops of electric pink of the lips and lashes, flecks of golden glitter, and metallic foiled lips. The make up trend glowing and dewy skin, bronzed cheeks, and shades of pretty pastels is like a cherry blossom tree kissed by a morning dew. It is not exaggerated nor sharp rather it is very fresh and simple.
Best way to achieve this look is by going back to the basic.
1. On top of the everyday moisturizer, start with a primer and foundation. First step is the most important one to ensure full coverage of uneven skin tone. If primer is not available, make sure that the foundation is of good quality as such when you put it in the face it will make the skin look soft and supple.
2. A neat eyebrow is a must. Suppose one is after a bushy eyebrow, it has to be well groomed, enough said.
3. Mascara need not look like a falsies, choose one that creates volume or gives extra length, this variation depends on your lashes, is it thin and long or thick and short etc.
4. Blush has to match the eye shadow and lip color if going after pastel colors then it is safest to use pink blush or a well applied bronzer.
5. Make the lips pronounce by using a darker variation of pink, if you can pull off an electric pink then go for it.
6. Finally, to achieve a glowing look use make-up illuminators and setting spray for a dewy finish. Voila, now the Helen in you is ready to conquer spring.
Thanks to evolution of cosmetics, it has helped us enhance our beauty making us always #SELFIE ready. Yet, keep in mind that cosmetics are only tools to boost our looks, never forget that we have our own beauty deep within, it does not come in different colors, does not have form nor texture but it can always be exude through good personality, positive disposition and rapport.
ECDomingo: Mum, model at her own right, aspiring writer and a dreamer. Admires every beautiful things. Happy about simple pleasures in life. I have a thirst for knowledge and the only I way to quench it is through reading, looking at informative visuals and good conversation. Model Culture is my platform to seek relevant information in fashion, be inspired by different artists who are genius in the field and in return motivate amateurs like me to continue their journey in the world of fashion. Let us always walk like we are on a runway and treat everyday like a fashion show.
Keep your head high and your chin up -Marilyn Monroe